Sunday, February 7, 2010

Side affects and false pregnancy from coming of birth control?

I've been taking Yaz for birth control for about 7 months, and had unprotected sex with my partner about 5 days before the start of my period. For financial reasons, I haven't gotten my prescription renewed, so I'm riding out the month and starting again after 28 days. I've successfully had my period (victory!) but I'm still a little worried.





Since I've gotten off (it's been approximately a week and a half) I've gotten the following symptoms: nausea, cramps/stomachaches, varying appetite, little bit of mood swings, and been feeling pretty bloated. I DO NOT have swollen or tender breasts.





Now I've always been very paranoid/fearful about becoming pregnant so my anxiety may be causing me to be in a false pregnancy right now. Logically it would be a small cluster of cells so I shouldn't be feeling any sort of present embryo, right? I'm just curious as to the similarities of symptoms from coming off birth control. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.





Keep in mind it is too early for me to take a HPT.Side affects and false pregnancy from coming of birth control?
Some women have problems like you describe when coming off birth control. Usually, it is not being pregnant, but is instead from your hormones going back to how they are on their own. If the ';symptoms'; persist for another week to two weeks, you may need to go ahead and take a pregnancy test...just to make sure it isn't from being pregnant. Most of the time swollen or tenderness in the breasts happens before most of the other things you've mentioned and that is the main reason I think it's coming off the pill and not being pregnant.





You are absolutely right that worrying may be making you feel the way you are (and it's good to know you know that...so many women don't realize that).

No comments:

Post a Comment