Sunday, February 7, 2010

Anyone have a false positive due to birth control?

Saturday was the official 2 week late post. So I took 3 of the new response dollar tree tests. all positive. Well I took 1 of them saturday morning and it was positive. Then one before work sunday around 2pm and one after work around 7pm. So today one of my friends told me to try a clearblue test because the dollar tree ones aren't to be trusted, that one showed up clear as day PREGNANT. I've had no symptoms besides, no period, and kind of sore boobs. But I'm still cramping as though I'm going to get my period, just not as bad. But I'm wondering if the positive pregnancy test is coming from the hormones in the Birth Control which i stopped in June. I just don't want to make a fool of myself telling everyone. Then finding out at the doctors that I'm not.





Help please..?Anyone have a false positive due to birth control?
Four pregnancy tests said positive? Congratulations, sister, you are pregnant.





Birth control pills do not make pregnancy tests positive. It says that on the instructions for the test.





If you're worried about looking the fool, wait to tell people until after you get your pregnancy confirmed by a doctor. You can even wait longer than that. You won't show for about 12-14 weeks if this is your first baby. Longer if you're overweight.Anyone have a false positive due to birth control?
What Ive learned about preg tests: you may sometimes get a false neg reading from a cheap one, but I have never heard of a false positive. Any one that has ever gotten a positive (that Ive known) is pregnant. Also, cramping after a missed period can be normal in early pregnancy, but severe should be treated promptly in case its signs of miscarriage.
Birth control cannot cause a false positive result. While it contains hormones, it does not contain the hCG hormone, which is what is dectected in a pregnancy test.





You are pregnant. No one has that many tests come out positive and not be pregnant. Congratulations! Go see a doctor to get it confirmed and start your prenatal care.






Girl your most definitely pregnant, it's more common to get a false negative then a false positive. After taking the 2nd test I wouldn't question it, go to the doctors and have them give you a pregnancy test just to confirm it.
nope false postives are one in a million and the reason for this is because the only thing that sets off a urine pregnancy test to postive is the HCG hormone in a pregnant womans body thats detected in her urine...
Your definitly pregnant. Birth control cannot give you a positive pregnancy test, only a baby!
go to your nearest planned parenthood or gynecologist so they can confirm it.

No comments:

Post a Comment