Thursday, February 4, 2010

Can taking birth control pills trigger a false negative on a pregnancy test?

This is my first month on the pill and I am having all the signs of pregnancy!! I have 2 kids and Yes I am sexually active.Can taking birth control pills trigger a false negative on a pregnancy test?
The hormones in birth control pills will not interfere with a pregnancy tests ability to provide an accurate reading. A negative may very well mean you aren't pregnant or it could mean you are testing too early. If you haven't missed a period than I wouldn't worry about it. Many of the side effects of birth control pills are similar to pregnancy symptoms. Read the information booklet that came with your pack of birth control pills and see what things are listed as side effects. I think you'll be surprised. Generally speaking doctors suggest a secondary form of birth control during the first pack of taking birth control pills.Can taking birth control pills trigger a false negative on a pregnancy test?
The pill itself can give you symptoms of pregnancy especially since it's only been a month. However, the pill is only active after about 2 weeks of starting it. So it's possible that you could have conceived when you just began taking them.





However, the pill will not give you a false negative.





Wait a few more weeks to test again. If you still feel this way call your doctor, maybe that pill it not right for your body.
birth control tests wont show negative unless you arent pregnant or, arent far enough along to show up pregnant yet. By the time you have a lot of symptoms, you should be able to test positive. Some forms of birth control will cause your body to have odd symptoms until it levels out. When I took YAZ my breasts got huge, my veins bright, and I was an emotional wreck. This leveled out after the first month. I have also been on other types where I got pregnant, but I tested positive (I have pcos so my ovaries tend to work more than birth control can suppress). So I doubt you are pregnant. Good luck!
No, the pill will not trigger a false negative.





you might have tested too early, or it could simply be side effects of the pill itself making you believe they are pregnancy symptoms.





Also you do know or now you will..that you should always use a backup birth control method whenever you start a new pill...it can take a month or longer for the pill to become effective.
No it cannot. There is nothing that the pill does that would trigger a false negative. This is your first month on birth control that is why you are having these signs, everyone reacts differently to the pill and you are just having side effects from the pill.
You can have side effects that are also pregnancy symptoms. Breast tenderness, nausea, vomiting are all side effects of the pill. But no if you were pregnant the test would be positive.
nO....Birthcontrol pills have nothing to do with the hormones the test reacts upon. If you feel like your pregenant, Contact a doctor and get blood test. If not wait a little bit longer and take another test. Good luck
You and me both. I just started taking mine 3 weeks ago and having tons of pregnancy signs. I have 1 kid. :S
no, but the pill mimics pregnancy symptoms.
the pill can cause the same symptoms as pregnancy. its probably just side effects :)

No comments:

Post a Comment