Sunday, February 7, 2010

How common are False positives after going off birth control?

I went off birth control early in Aug. and was hoping that my cycles would be regular after wards becuase my cycles are normally irregular. I made a calender of when I might ovulate if I were on a 28 day cycle. So there was a possibility that I would get pregnant, but the chances seemed slim. So when day 30 came and still no period, I took a test and wouldn't you know, it says I'm pregnant! I took the clear blu easy digital one. It took me 8 months to get pregnant with my first, so this is a big shock! The first try?? But now I am doubting it. I surely don't feel pregnant, but then it is still early. I just went off birth control.





So do you think that it could be detecting birth control hormones and saying that I'm pregnant, but I may not be?





This never happened with my first baby after the month I went off birth control, it always said negative.





I called my doctor and the nurse told me to wait another week or so to take another one, but I really don't want to get my hopes up thinking I'm pregnant when I am not. It is making me nervous!!How common are False positives after going off birth control?
Run by the dollar tree and pick up some test (and yes they are actually good test, and are even better than some of the expensive brands, your just not paying for the pretty plastic covering that other brands have.) And test some more tomorrow morning.How common are False positives after going off birth control?
False positives are extremely rare. I got pregnant my first month off birth control. The hormones in bc are not the same as the hormone produced when you are pregnant, so the pill will not effect the test in any way. Congratulations.
There are only 2 real ways to get a false positive. If you were take HCG supplements, or if the tester came into contact with laundry detergent.





I think your pregnant! Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment