Thursday, February 4, 2010

The rumor mill has gotten out of control w/ false info. How can I change my rep as a bad teacher? (2nd try)?

I asked this question already. however I closed it before I was ready to. I'm trying to get lots of ideas for turning my situation around.





Look up the details from the first time I posted this......





thanks in advanceThe rumor mill has gotten out of control w/ false info. How can I change my rep as a bad teacher? (2nd try)?
Rumors can be difficult to squelch. If this has been going on for several years, you might want to consider transferring to another school. That would give you a fresh start.





Obviously, something is happening that these rumors get started. You need to figure out what it is and then deal with it as most rumors have some (sometimes very little, but just enough to make them seem feasible) basis in fact.





As much as I hate politics in the school building, it is necessary for you to be friendly and helpful to the other teachers and administration. Talk to the other teachers on your team, they may be able to give you an honest evaluation of the situation and give you some ideas on how to avoid adding fuel to the rumors or correcting the misinformation that they convey.





Congratulations on your NBCT! It is a lot of work to earn this certification!The rumor mill has gotten out of control w/ false info. How can I change my rep as a bad teacher? (2nd try)?
No wonder you have a bad rep as a teacher - you are too friggin' lazy to repost the details.
Hi there,


If you are teaching teens, this is an occupational hazard that goes with the territory! Rumors can be started by anyone, for any reason, and as students at this impressionable age don't often stop to consider consequences of anything much, they'll join the band-wagon for as long at the subject is popular.


But it's not all bad news; teens lose interest in things very quickly, so before very long you'll be old news and some other unfortunate person will be the next victim!


So in summary, just weather it out.





Hope this helps,


Simon J
Become an insurance salesperson.
This is simple-- You probably work mainly with women? If so, ignore and continue doing the job to the best of your ability. Women have nothing better to do than to create rumors. You sound highly qualified, keep being an advocate for our students and your achievements will outweigh the negatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment