Thursday, February 4, 2010

False negative pregnancy test results and birth control pills?

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to get pregnant but as I'm on cerazette (progesterone only pill) it stops periods so even if I was pregnant I wouldn't know.


I was just wondering if contraceptive pills cause false negative results or not?


And how long after sex would I have to wait before taking a urine test at the clinic?


thanksFalse negative pregnancy test results and birth control pills?
now a days contraceptive pills work pretty well. they should not cuase any type of results for a pregnancy test because contraceptive pills usually contain progesterone and estrogen and pregnancy tests only test for a hormone (hcg) that is produced only after implantation(pregnancy) not hormones contained in contraceptive pills.it usually works to wait 2 weeks after you have sex to take a pregnancy test.False negative pregnancy test results and birth control pills?
that pill should not cause the pregancy test to be a false positive... not sure about a false negative..





you can wait 7 days after your missed period to buy a test at the local store... the clinic can probably tell faster than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment